The workshop began with a concise presentation describing the intent and structure of the workshop. To assist in ideation, participants were given the option to select a character, user and context from some pre-selected cards from the game Apples to Apples (Kirby, 1999). Then, teams reflected on their choices, determining their chatbot’s goal, user’s goal, and the chatbot’s name. Next, teams learned about and filled out their Bot Personas based on their initial impressions of their chatbots. Selecting one of the teams, I asked them to improvise a conversation in front of the group, while I took notes, indicating what I observed in their conversation. After watching, the rest of the teams proceeded to improvise on their own. After some time, I asked teams to briefly reflect what they felt worked and didn’t work with their conversations and their chatbots. At this point, participants were led through the process of setting up their computers and activating the chatbots. Once complete, I taught everyone how to map their dialogue with more complex conversations where the chatbot asks a question. With their mapped conversations, teams proceeded to enter their dialogue into their chatbot configuration files and test the conversations. Lastly, I asked everyone to give feedback on the workshop.